Friday, March 8, 2013

MAWSMAI CAVES TRAVERSING AT MANSYNRAM(MEGHALAYA).

             MY CAVE TRAVERSING ACROSS THE MAWSMAI CAVES,MEGHALAYA.



MAWSMAI CAVES ,located at Mansynram ,Meghalaya is a must try for every adventure enthusiasts....Each entry ticket is 30/-person + camera charge extra+Parking. In the beginning ,I was bit hasistant to go upto the caves...as i climbed the steps to the enterance thru' the deep jungle ,it increased my adrenalin level. Now its the caves.....after clicking few snaps at the entry point,its time to move on...Oh, God.... the caves opening is really narrow......Big bolders soon confront us, either we need to climb on it to cross over...Atleast a bit tubelight hanged up here there ,made us help our way ahead.Slowly ,I started giving up..... "I cann't go ahead anymore......cann't see the other end-----"I shouted;My voice echoed back ...there's no escape...already we had cross 10mins path. Oh ,its water on the floor----- I was sure,I cann't make it further; My husband Maj. Goutam,help me & my mom to cross thru' & put us on top of a big granite rock . I was wearing a jeans but my mom (70yrs+) was wearing a saree...Now her shoes are in her hand & she moved on...I was inspired by my mom to go ahead;She kept on telling me ,that we reached the end of the cave..... But that's like a mirage inside a dark cave. Now ,there's no more light.....I hit hard on my head onthe roof top of the cave..... I was giving up....My husband ,who was ahead us, soon shouted that , We cann't move ahead without crawling, gliding & sleeping..................What a crazy act!!!!!! We moved on for 30 odd mins. untill we came to the other end almost.Now the path thru' which one need to come out ,is naturally blocked by a bolder ---Its the last hurdle we have to cross thru'.... What an adventure indeed .......... Just loved it !!!!!! & would recommeded everyone going thru' my blog to give it a try atleast ones...It is considered as one of the toughest Cave traversing & So much a natural formation.................... GIVE IT A TRY!!!! I DID IT & SO U TO CAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment