Tuesday, December 27, 2016

OUR VISIT TO TRIVANDRUM CITY.

It was our Diwali holidays and we wanted to visit a portion of kerala state which we earlier had missed visiting....Our agenda , this time was a stay a kovalam beach, visiting Poovar Island,  having darshan at Padmanabhaswamy temple, Suchindrum temple and BHAGAVATHY AMMAN TEMPLE in kanyakumari besides Ponmudi and local places around Trivandrum.
   We had our booking at Hotel Sagara, kovalam  near to Vizhinjam light house. The hotel is worth paying for....it was quite dark by the time we checked in but I was quite impressed by the property. ...I stood in the balcony of our room and could hear the sound of the waves hitting the shores....but had to wait till the break of dawn to feel the real beauty. ....After the sumptuous dinner of malabari  parathas and chicken preparation with black pepper (very locale of the region) , we just went off to sleep........
My mobile alarm rang at 6.30am, I just pushed off the room curtains .....omg the sea looks so so beautiful, felt as if I opened up my window to the sea....just loved it ......Had framed sea by every hour as it kept mesmerising us .....oh , this hotel had a kerala ayurvedic spa too and definitely  a session is in our card before we say good bye to this place.
    We had our booking for darshan at Padmanabhaswamy temple prior . ....our driver said that it will be easy for darshan ....we were well prepared with saree and Dhoti for my husband, this time....even churidar is not allowed....people here follows strict norms....the queue was too long but when time started it moved very fast.....though it was my 2nd visit to Trivandrum but my first visit here.......I was mesmerised by the Golden idol of Vishnu lord in Nidra  position. ....oh the pillars , the bed of the inner sanctum, all in pure gold and magnificent craftmenship. ...Earlier had heard so many stories regarding this temple and today I am here ....I said to myself , feeling blessed.
Next had the agenda to visit NEYYAR  DAM at the foot of the western ghats built over Neyyar river.....it's quite a drive out to the place thru ' dense jungle areas.....some construction work was on to at the site so I personally didn't feel like climbing to the top of the floodgates  of Neyyar dam but my husband  went up and it was really very beautiful. ....Went to see the Aquarium just next to Neyyar Dam. ...
After seeing Kovalam beach , we had no interest to visit Shanghumukham beach. ....I just loved enjoying the kovalam beach. ........
Shopping :Being at trivandrum, shopping is alway at very traveller's  agenda. ...Had the opportunity to collect lots of cloves, which a local product,  my favourite POPPY BRAND  UMBRELLA and my ever  loved KASAVU SAREES OF KERALA.......
       Since lots of construction works are on all across Trivandrum city ,still not a pleasure driving across .

No comments:

Post a Comment